About the author
I started to build ImSmart when I saw that there was no flexible tool to harness the full power of IFTTT and be able to extend automation to what it should be.
My professional life has been devoted to building tools that can be expanded and that have few limitations. In a sense I always built tools to automate my work
or the work of others. That's what I really like: to make tools or applications that will save time and money. I hate losing time with repetitive stuff (or see others lose time).
My job today is focused on automating IT processes and invoice loading.
Before my current job, I was busy for 15 years building the first Internet provider in my hometown (Quebec City). I built different applications (ecommerce platform, RADIUS-based invoice manager, internal time sheets and many others) as well as building and maintaining the architecture.
Before that, I tried a bunch of different things on my Vic-20 and then Atari ST.
I hope you find ImSmart helpful.
Coming Features / Announcements
is the works and will introduce methods, modules and connectors for greater extensibility and control. The goal is to position ImSmart as a leading automation platform
What Version 2 will be about:
- An extended API and programming language will be made available allowing you to implement methods, modules and connectors. Actually ImSmart already implements 3 connectors: IFTTT, Web and native ImSmart, but V2 will present them differently and you will be able to extend these functionalities.
- New public connectors will be developed as well as you will be able to develop your own.
- You will be able to share your connectors and modules so others can use and rate them. A connector will allow direct access to a hub or hub extension (SmartThings hub is a hub while IFTTT is a hub extension) for more precise control functions.
- The interface will be easy to use for non-programmers and powerful enough for programmers to enjoy.
Version 1.4 - 2017/06/10
- Ability to build trigger conditions that compare a variable to another variable.
- Give a description to your variables.
- Give a description to your triggers.
- Added Clear button on Simulator Activity Log.
- Added Separator button on Simulator Activity Log.
- Fixed issue with display of condition using operator between or not_between.
- Fixed issue with flag "Evaluate if different" using string and numeric variables.
Version 1.3 - 2017/05/15
- Added flag to trigger actions allowing execution to be done only if result is different from previous evaluation.
Version 1.2 - 2017/04/25
- Simulation: allows you to test and see the impact of your ImSmart setup.
- Trigger Auto-Evaluation can now be disabled.
- Added flag to variables allowing evaluation to be done only if value changes.
- You can now define your Maker Keys with a descriptive name.
- All Triggers Activity now available on Triggers page.
- Ability to opt-out from ImSmart news emails.
- Additional options button appears in blue (Edit Trigger) when an option is set.
Version 1.1.1 - 2017/04/07
- Real-time information displayed on Variables page, on Triggers Activity dialog and Events dialog.
Version 1.1 - 2017/04/02
- New features/messages presented at user at login.
- Ability to stop a scheduled event (delayed action).
- Use shorter trigger and variable keys.
Version 1.0 - Stable Release. 2017/03/27
- Issue with action delay fixed.
- Ability to pass variable values back to IFTTT.
- Updated Tutorial.
Version 0.9.4 - Added features below. 2017/03/23
- User can update personal information.
- User can close ImSmart account.
- Blog now in place.
Version 0.9.3 - Added features below. 2017/03/19
- User can set timezone to get local date/time (in Activity for instance).
- Initial Setup process after Registration.
- More detailed logging on trigger evaluation.
Version 0.9.2 - Added features below. 2017/03/13
- Registration process with email confirmation.
- Forgot Password functionality.
Version 0.9.1 - Added features below. 2017/03/12
- Trigger Activity Logs: view activity on triggers allowing you to debug your settings with detailed error, if any.
Version 0.9 - Added features below. 2017/03/11
- Timers: ability to delay evaluation of a trigger for a certain amount of time (with option to reset timer and re-evaluate).
Version 0.8.1 - Added features below. 2017/03/08
- Ability to enable/disable a trigger.
- Trigger loop detection. Trigger will be disabled if an execution loop is detected.
Version 0.8.0.1 - Fixed issues below. 2017/03/07
- Update Variable Name does not refresh automatically name on page (you have to manually refresh the page).
- Update Trigger Name does not refresh automatically name on page (you have to manually refresh the page).
- Updated UI and content
- Version 0.8 - Initial Beta Release. 2017/03/05
- Development Start: 2017/02/11
- Web Design needs a bit of reworking and more examples are needed.