About the author
I started to build ImSmart when I saw that there was no flexible tool to harness the full power of IFTTT and be able to extend automation to what it should be.
My professional life has been devoted to building tools that can be expanded and that have few limitations. In a sense I always built tools to automate my work
or the work of others. That's what I really like: to make tools or applications that will save time and money. I hate losing time with repetitive stuff (or see others lose time).
My job today is focused on automating IT processes and invoice loading.
Before my current job, I was busy for 15 years building the first Internet provider in my hometown (Quebec City). I built different applications (ecommerce platform, RADIUS-based invoice manager, internal time sheets and many others) as well as building and maintaining the architecture.
Before that, I tried a bunch of different things on my Vic-20,
128 and Atari ST.
I hope you find ImSmart helpful.
May be you came here because you were looking for our Terms of Service? Lucky you, you found them
Version 2.0.5 - 2018/01/30
- Issue fix: Simulation did not use correct variable values when using an advanced trigger script.
Version 2.0.4 - 2018/01/22
- Issue fix: deleting a simple trigger resulted in an error.
- Issue fix: creating a Maker Key in initial setup did not work.
- Issue fix: importing a connector in an advanced trigger (using ImSmart.import) resulted in an error.
- Issue fix: calling ImSmart.log in an advanced trigger did not show log in Simulator.
Version 2.0.3 - 2017/11/18
- Ability for users to rate public modules or connectors. Rating is allowed to users registered for at least 30 days.
Version 2.0.2 - 2017/11/16
- Issue fix: delayed action in Simulation is now correctly delayed (issue was introduced with V2.0).
Version 2.0.1 - 2017/11/12
- Added function ImSmart.localTime().
- Issue fix: delayed trigger execution generated errors.
- Specific page for the Programmer's Guide now in place and a link in the Support menu.
Version 2.0 - 2017/11/07
- Build your own modules and connectors or use the ones that other users made public.
- Read more about version 2 and its programming.
Version 1.4 - 2017/06/10
- Ability to build trigger conditions that compare a variable to another variable.
- Give a description to your variables.
- Give a description to your triggers.
- Added Clear button on Simulator Activity Log.
- Added Separator button on Simulator Activity Log.
- Fixed issue with display of condition using operator between or not_between.
- Fixed issue with flag "Evaluate if different" using string and numeric variables.
Version 1.3 - 2017/05/15
- Added flag to trigger actions allowing execution to be done only if result is different from previous evaluation.
Version 1.2 - 2017/04/25
- Simulation: allows you to test and see the impact of your ImSmart setup. (Read more about the simulator)
- Trigger Auto-Evaluation can now be disabled.
- Added flag to variables allowing evaluation to be done only if value changes.
- You can now define your Maker Keys with a descriptive name.
- All Triggers Activity now available on Triggers page.
- Ability to opt-out from ImSmart news emails.
- Additional options button appears in blue (Edit Trigger) when an option is set.
Version 1.1.1 - 2017/04/07
- Real-time information displayed on Variables page, on Triggers Activity dialog and Events dialog.
Version 1.1 - 2017/04/02
- New features/messages presented at user at login.
- Ability to stop a scheduled event (delayed action).
- Use shorter trigger and variable keys.
Version 1.0 - Stable Release. 2017/03/27
- Issue with action delay fixed.
- Ability to pass variable values back to IFTTT.
- Updated Tutorial.
Version 0.9.4 - Added features below. 2017/03/23
- User can update personal information.
- User can close ImSmart account.
- Blog now in place.
Version 0.9.3 - Added features below. 2017/03/19
- User can set timezone to get local date/time (in Activity for instance).
- Initial Setup process after Registration.
- More detailed logging on trigger evaluation.
Version 0.9.2 - Added features below. 2017/03/13
- Registration process with email confirmation.
- Forgot Password functionality.
Version 0.9.1 - Added features below. 2017/03/12
- Trigger Activity Logs: view activity on triggers allowing you to debug your settings with detailed error, if any.
Version 0.9 - Added features below. 2017/03/11
- Timers: ability to delay evaluation of a trigger for a certain amount of time (with option to reset timer and re-evaluate).
Version 0.8.1 - Added features below. 2017/03/08
- Ability to enable/disable a trigger.
- Trigger loop detection. Trigger will be disabled if an execution loop is detected.
Version 0.8.0.1 - Fixed issues below. 2017/03/07
- Update Variable Name does not refresh automatically name on page (you have to manually refresh the page).
- Update Trigger Name does not refresh automatically name on page (you have to manually refresh the page).
- Updated UI and content
- Version 0.8 - Initial Beta Release. 2017/03/05
- Development Start: 2017/02/11
- Web Design needs a bit of reworking and more examples are needed.